Dr. Nitin Tiwari has over 14 years of experience in doing complex angioplasties. Dr. Nitin Tiwari is a 1992 batch gold medalist graduate from G.M.C, Nagpur. He did his MD and DNB Medicine from G.B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi then went on to do a DM cardiology from Sion Hospital, Mumbai, and DNB cardiology from the esteemed CMC, Vellore. Later he did his Fellowship in interventional cardiology from the prestigious Nantes University Hospital, France .while visiting GR Laennec Hospital France, he worked with stalwarts like Prof. Crochet and Dr. A Tirouvanzium and mastered the techniques of complex angioplasties, IVUS, Rotablation, etc. He his endovascular fellowship from Klinikum Oldenburg, Germany. After working with Prof. Elsasser, Dr.Nitin Tiwari became the first cardiologist from central India to be formally trained in TAVI(Transcutaneous Aortic Valve Implantation). He worked with Dr.Nakamura in Japan, where he mastered the techniques of opening 100% blockages. He has done more than 4000 complex interventions. Dr. Tiwari has devised a new technique for retrieval of jailed broken wire called the ” Two Wire Technique” which has been critically acclaimed in the field of cardiology. He put the first-ever drug duct balloon in the leg of a PVD patient in central India. He also did the first-ever simultaneous angioplasty of the lower limb, heart carotid. He also successfully performed Rotablation on an 83-year-old patient with 100% blockage. He has performed Central India’s First leadless pacemaker implantation in 82-year-old patients.
Research & Publications
- Dr. Tiwari has many papers to his credit in various national and international journals
- Dr. Tiwari’s technique was selected for the ‘Best of Asia Award’ category in Malaysia Live 2010
- Late Dr. P.N. Dubey Gold medal for securing the highest marks in Anatomy at Nagpur University (1994)
- Awarded scholarship for ‘Meritorious Student’ in 1st, 2nd, and Final M.B.B.S.
- Recipient of the following awards for 2nd place in the merit list: Late Rambhai Somabhai
- Patel Award and Late Digambardas Govardhandas Award